Friday, October 10, 2008

Lactose Intolerant

I'm Phoebe: a creative, a cyclist, a Californian, and a cook. Unfortunately I'm also a lactard - a term appropriated from Dan - or a lactose retard. Hold on there offended guy, retarded means "delayed," "slower," or "held back."

While searching for recipes sans dairy I found there aren't really food blogs dedicated to serving the lactose intolerant some tasty treats: vegan, vegetarian, raw, gluten free, low sugar, low calorie, low fat, nutless... I found all of them had an abundance of literature online, but could source next to nothing about lactose intolerance other than searching for specific recipes. I'm an omnivore that likes good food; why isn't there a blog for just being lactose intolerant? Deprived of the joys of cheese, butter, milk, ice cream, and dairy in general, (did I mention cheese or butter?) is quite enough. Whether you, your children, or your spouse is lactose intolerant, you still deserve to have tasty food and enjoy all your recreational eating.

This blog is brand new, so keep checking back for more lactoseless recipes for all you other lactards out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Phoebe. Just as beautiful as your cookbook. GSandy

Amanda said...

Thank you for this. My poor daughter, who is only 7, is lactose intolerant. It is difficult to live with and for me to watch her deal with. If I can find ways to make it easier for her, I will be delighted!