Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pepper Pumpkin Seeds



One of my favorite parts of carving a pumpkin is getting to snack on roasted pumpkin seeds. These past few weeks I haven't had hardly the capsicum endorphin rush I usually indulge in, so thought I'd appease my spicy desires with pumpkin seeds. And really, I'm glad the tide of pumpkin madness has subsided, and left in its wake omega 3 packages of peppery love.

Chili Pepper Pumpkin Seeds

2 cups of pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon chipotle chilie powder
1/2 teaspoon new mexico chilie powder
1 teaspoon Italian aleppo chilie pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Clean off the seeds; don't get anal about it, a little stringy stuff's okay. Dry them on paper towels or napkins. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together the spices, and add the extra virgin olive oil. Throw in the seeds, toss to coat, then roast them in a single, thin layer on a cookie sheet for 20-30 minutes.



No comments: